Innovative Design • Value Engineering • Optimal Results
At St. Onge & Associates, our number one priority is to deliver maximum value to every client on every project – commercial, industrial, institutional, or residential – for which we project manage the civil or structural engineering. We do this by:
- Applying value engineering principles to produce innovative, performance-based design solutions and optimal results.
- Creating sustainable, environmentally friendly designs that incorporate the latest advances in technology and building systems.
- Providing soft story building owners and managers with cost-effective seismic retrofit designs that meet local ordinances, ensure the safety of tenants, and protect property values and public health.
- Respecting and building upon the character of historic buildings in restoration projects.
- Proactively collaborating with all stakeholders in each project to create the most elegant and cost-effective solutions.
We bring more than 40 years experience – nationally, internationally, and in the Bay Area – to the management of civil and structural engineering projects, often under the most challenging conditions. For more details, see the Projects and In the News pages.
For example, our patented Lateral Resistance Device (LRD) now expedites small to mid-sized building construction in soft soil conditions. • We were among the pioneers in LEED certification (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) in California in both the commercial and residential sectors. • We were among the first in the U.S. to use unbonded brace systems in commercial construction. • And we introduced performance-based structural design to the residential sector worldwide with the first cost-effective damper system for single-family homes — which is one reason why we’re your best choice for seismic retrofit design.
From concept through completion, St. Onge & Associates will help you meet whatever challenges you face in your next development, design, construction or seismic retrofit project. Our contact information is below. We look forward to serving you.